What Haworth Guitars say:
The Strymon OB.1 Optical Compressor Pedal is a premium American-Made Guitar Effects Pedal by Strymon.
At Haworth Guitars, we love this Strymon OB.1 Pedal's quality USA construction as well as it's high-quality analogue compression with sexy features such as the multiple Boosting options including Treble, Middle and Flat which takes your sound to new depths and includes a Boost Level Control as well as Output and Compression knobs for extra tone shaping!
What Strymon say:
OB.1 combines studio quality, beautifully transparent analog optical compression with a Clean Boost with EQ curves designed to super-charge your favourite amp and reveal its true character. Featuring an all-analog signal path with premium components throughout, a high-impedance input, and very low noise circuitry, OB.1 is perfect for the number one spot in your signal chain. It’s the missing piece you’ve been searching for.
There is a monster trapped inside your low or medium gain amp, and OB.1 can set it free. Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Hear things you never knew your amp could do.
OB.1 provides greater than 20dB of gain-compensated compression, and with the integrated Clean Boost, an extra 10dB of full-frequency, mid or treble boost is available. Use the mid or treble boost together with a bit of transparent compression, and your amp will sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Greater than 20dB of gain compensated compression
- Additional 10dB of full frequency, mid, or treble boost with Clean Boost engaged
- Treble Boost Frequency: Shelf at about 1.5 kHz or 2kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- Mid Boost Frequency: Peak around 800 Hz or 1.1kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- High impedance TS mono input
- Low impedance TS mono output
- Strong and lightweight anodised orange aluminium chassis
- Designed and built in the USA