What we have to say:
Gone are the days when you used to have to deal with the fact that your new strings were only going to sound "fresh" for about a week. Elixir has come along and decided to boycott that situation! No more rust!! the Nanoweb coating is super thin, super invisible (Seriously use a magnifying glass and you still struggle to view it) and tonally amazing. The 10-46 gauge is the most common upon electrics and rightly so Elixir have NAILED it. The Nanoweb Elixir coating doesn't create any sense of thicker feeling, harder bending or tension strengthener. Everything is compensated for with these Elixir 10-46 Nanowebs. Just go try them!
What Ryan says about the Elixir Nanoweb 10-46 Light Electric Guitar Strings:
Elixir strings are the best! I put these on every guitar I have because my hands tend to rust strings out very quickly. Elixirs take this problem away completely
What Elixir say:
Elixir® Electric Nickel Plated Steel Strings with NANOWEB®Coating deliver the presence, punch, and personality of traditional electric guitar strings but with extended tone life.
- Only coated string brand to protect the entire string with an ultra-thin coating, keeping gunk out of the gaps between the windings
- Extended Tone Life – players report their tone lasts longer than any other string, uncoated or coated
- Consistent performance and tone – ready to play whenever you are
- Smooth feel that is easy on your fingers and enhances playability
- Reduced finger squeak – good for both performance and recording
- Anti-Rust Plated Plain Steel Strings resist tone-deadening corrosion, ensuring a longer life for entire set
- With less hassle and expense of frequent string changes, spend more time making music