Yamaha HPH-MT8 Studio Headphones
HPH-MT8 headphones are designed to deliver accurate response and high-resolution sound with precise stereo imaging, and faithfully reproduce every nuance of the mid to high-end with tight bass. Yamaha has applied decades of accrued knowledge and expertise in professional and high-end studio equipment manufacturing to the design of each and every acoustic component in these headphones.
The MT8 headphones feature custom drivers equipped with 45mm CCAW voice coils and powerful neodymium magnets to achieve precise definition and control. Made from aluminium wire coated in highly conductive copper, these lightweight yet powerful drivers provide a broad frequency range of 15 Hz-28 kHz, and deliver flat, ultra high-resolution sound that meets the demands of strict professional monitoring. From the arms to the ear cups, all acoustic components in MT8 headphones have been designed to deliver the most accurate sound possible by completely eliminating extraneous resonance.
For professional audio engineers who perform critical listening and studio recording, it is important that their headphones fit in a way that prevents fatigue during extended listening sessions, and isolation that allows concentration while working. The HPH-MT8 headphones provide superb comfort and isolation, and are specifically designed to meet the high standards of professional users. MT8 headphones feature a sleek, stylish design with a closed-back, circumaural configuration that provides a comfortable fit and excellent isolation.
The MT8 headphones are equipped with large ear pads for an extremely comfortable fit. Smooth protein-skin leather and low-resistance cushions that absorb excess vibrations provide stress-free wearability and high levels of isolation—ideal for serious studio recording and live mix monitoring situations in particular, where sound leakage is a concern. A three-dimensional arm pivot construction and highly adjustable slider length allows the angle of the ear pads to fit the shape of the wearer’s head perfectly, helping to alleviate fatigue when working for extended periods. MT8 headphones also feature moveable earcups, allowing single-ear monitoring when required.
Yamaha's HPH-MT8 headphones have been designed to make users aware of the cable without being hindered by it, while providing enough length for monitoring applications where mobility is a consideration. For added versatile usability, the detachable straight 3 meter cable and 1.2 meter coil cable come equipped with a corrosion-resistant gold-plated stereo mini-plug and a gold-plated 6.3 mm stereo adaptor, allowing MT8 headphones to be used with professional audio gear.
- 45mm custom drivers with CCAW voice coils deliver a broad frequency range and accurate response
- Closed-back, circumaural design for excellent isolation
- Protein-skin leather and large low-resistance cushions ensure stress-free wearability and high levels of isolation
- Three-dimensional arm pivot construction and adjustable slider length alleviate fatigue when working for extended periods
- Moveable earcups allow single-ear monitoring
- Durable ABS housing and rigid die-cast aluminum support-arms for use in the toughest working environments
- Folding arm structure and carrying case
- Includes both coiled and straight audio cable with stereo minijack connector plus a 1/4" stereo jack adapter
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 28kHz
- Sensitivity (SPL): 102dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 1600 mW (at 1kHz)
- Impedance: 37 Ω (at 1kHz)