*This item is currently out of stock with an ETA of Late January*
The BOSS SY-1000 synthesizer pedal for guitar and bass represents the pinnacle of BOSS and Roland's guitar synth technology, refined over decades of player feedback. Three distinct synthesizer instrument engines can be played simultaneously for exceptionally deep and rich sonic textures. You can plug your guitar or bass in directly via 1/4" cable just like any other effects pedal, or you can use Roland's GK pickup for the most precise pitch tracking and per-string parameter tweaking. Factor in its built-in effects loop, multi-effects capabilities, instrument modeling, external control inputs, and freely assignable footswitches, and it's clear the BOSS SY-1000 is the most advanced synthesizer pedal ever devised.
Updated sound engine for more sonic potential than ever
With its updated sound engine, driven by custom DSP and featuring 32-bit/48kHz sound quality, the BOSS SY-1000 is the best-sounding BOSS guitar synth to date. You'll also notice that the tracking is ultra-precise, with no latency to distract you from your performance. And with the ability to dial in three simultaneous instruments, from synth leads and pads to bass and more, you've got a ton of creative potential right at your feet.
Ready to adapt to your preferences
Whether you normally plug straight into your amplifier, multiple amps, or go direct, the BOSS SY-1000 synthesizer pedal is ready to adapt to your style. Its footswitches are freely configurable, so you can put your most-needed functions right at your toes. And the outputs are freely assignable too, making it easy to split up your signal path however you like. You could send the synth sounds to a separate amplifier, for example, or record your guitar and the synth sounds on separate tracks in your DAW. You even have a send/return effects loop built right into the SY-1000, allowing you to add your favorite effects pedals to the mix.
Create hybrid guitar and bass tones
By connecting your guitar or bass to the SY-1000 with both your GK pickup (sold separately) and your instrument's 1/4" output, you can combine your instrument and synth tones to create an endless array of sonic textures. Add a saw-wave lead synth sound to your guitar to take your solos to new heights. Add pads to your bass tone to create extra octaves of sonic interest. With the ability to dial in three simultaneous instruments, the various tonal combinations you can craft are practically endless.
Dynamic Synth engine makes guitar-synth more expressive than ever
For the best results, connect your instrument to the SY-1000 via your GK pickup as well as your 1/4" instrument output. The GK pickup will give you ultra-precise pitch tracking for the synth sounds, while your 1/4" output will inform the synth's envelope shape and how it responds. In other words, Dynamic Synth follows the natural volume envelope of your instrument, further fusing your synth sounds with your playing style.
Dual step sequencers for animated, evolving synth patches
The Dynamic Synth engine features two 16-step sequencers that you can use to add whole new dimensions of movement to your synth patches. Each step of each sequencer can control pitch, filter, and amplitude independently, with 13 different envelope curves to explore. While the results can obviously sound extreme, adding these sequencers in a subtle, barely-heard fashion could be the key to drawing your listeners in even further.
Covering decades of synthesizer technology
In addition to the ultra-expressive Dynamic Synth engine, the SY-1000 pedal packs two additional synth instruments. The OSC Synth is based on classic analog synth architecture, offering lots of filter options, a versatile ADSR envelope, and impeccable sound quality. To tap into the iconic sound of '80s guitar synths, the GR-300 synth engine offers a spot-on re-creation of the classic Roland GR-300.
Instrument modeling, multi-effects, and much more
While its synthesis capabilities are vast, the SY-1000 goes even further by offering advanced guitar and bass modeling. Covering a huge range of electric, acoustic, and bass guitar types, you can also experiment with independent tuning, EQ, virtual amp settings, and much more. To create bowed-instrument sounds, tap into the VIO Guitar instrument, which alters your guitar or bass signal's envelope and harmonic characteristics. Or check out the Poly FX instrument, which promises to deliver "richly textured voices with high-res definition only possible with GK processing." And on top of these advanced modeling and effects capabilities, you're also free to run your guitar or bass signal through the SY-1000's synth filters, LFOs, and step sequencers for creative sound-shaping.
Instant access to altered tunings
When used with a GK pickup, the SY-1000 gives you instant access to alternate tuning for your guitar or bass. From open tunings and drop tunings, to Nashville tuning, pitch-shifted tunings (-12 to +12), and even a 12-string guitar mode, you'll be able to explore the creative potential of alternate tunings without spending any time re-tuning and re-intonating your instrument.
BOSS SY-1000 Synthesizer Pedal Features:
- The most advanced BOSS synthesizer pedal ever created, for guitar or bass
- Updated synth engine with custom DSP and 32-bit/48kHz processing for unparalleled sound quality and zero latency
- Layer up to three simultaneous instrument sounds for rich, evocative timbres
- Independent control of pitch, level, and panning for each string, when used with GK pickup (sold separately)
- Dynamic Synth engine follows your instrument's natural volume envelope for exceptional expressive playability
- Dual 16-part sequencers allow you to modulate pitch, filter, and amplitude
- OSC Synth engine re-creates classic analog synth architecture for epic leads, pads, and bass sounds
- GR-300 synth engine is a spot-on re-creation of the iconic Roland GR-300 guitar synth from the '80s
- Works with your guitar or bass via 1/4" cable, Roland GK pickup (sold separately) required for full access to all synth and modeling features
- Stellar effects and amps derived from the acclaimed GT-1000 guitar synth
- Footswitches are freely assignable to customize your control layout
- Connections for USB audio/MIDI, 5-pin MIDI I/O, plus guitar-to-MIDI/bass-to-MIDI functionality
- Dedicated Guitar and Bass modes are optimized for peak performance with each instrument type
- Customize your sounds with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software, and download pro-created patches at BOSS Tone Central