What Ibanez Say:
Using the Ibanez RGA as a foundation, Bowen's departures from that iconic instrument are many. The JBM20's 3-piece Maple Wizard III neck for smooth access to the upper frets and increased sustain. The JBM20 features a Mahogany body with a Maple top, and a bound Ebony fretboard with jumbo frets that bears Jake's own custom inlay at the 12th fret. Then add a reverse headstock for yet another element of visual distinction.
Given the stress a Periphery show can exert on his instrument, having a trem system that is both easily adjustable and highly stable was critical for Bowen. Jake chose the Ibanez Edge Zero II bridge-not only for its inspiring, reliable performance, but also for the way it stays clear of his picking hand. Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads help provide superior tuning stability and expedite string changes. The JBM20 also features Bowen's signature DiMarzio Titan pickups, which DiMarzio developed under Jake's close direction. Bowen describes them as, ""the perfect combination of tight and aggressive.""
The JBM20 ships tuned to drop-C (1D, 2A, 3F, 4C, 5G, 6C) and comes with a hardshell case.
• Wizard III 3pc Maple neck• Maple top/Mahogany body• Bound Rosewood fretboard w/JBM special inlay on 12th fret
• Jumbo frets• DiMarzio® Titan™ pickups
• Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge
• Black hardware
• Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads in gold
• Factory Tuning: 1D, 2A, 3F, 4C, 5G, 6C
• String Gauge: .011/.014/.019/.032/.044/.056