Fender’s Made In Japan range offers something a little different. As the name suggests, these unique models are manufactured in Fender’s Japanese factories, combining classic Fender designs with spec tweaks and new looks. The Hybrid Tele in Indigo is no exception, with vintage ‘58 pickups, a 4-way switch and a satin finish that’ll leave a lasting impression.
Body & Neck
The body is made of Alder for that recognisable balanced Tele tone with a pronounced upper midrange. This ensures clarity, perfectly complemented by the vintage pickups – more bite than bark. The satin Indigo polyester finish is both reserved and eye-catching, with a pearlescent pickguard adding some subtle bling.
On the neck side of things, it’s another Fender staple: satin Maple. Combined with a U-shape neck profile, this particular Tele provides smooth playability with that familiar, chunky vintage feel.
Hardware & Electronics
Notable hardware appointments include a classic 3-saddle bridge and vintage-style locking tuners. The pickups are American Vintage '58 single-coils, but with a 4-way switch. The aim of the game here is striking a balance between modern and old-school.
The 4-way switch gives you the standard 3 options, plus both pickups in series. This adds an extra degree of versatility to the Tele design, adding extra warmth and output – great for fat jazz sounds and chunky riffs alike.
- Series: Fender MIJ (Made in Japan)
- Body Colour: Indigo
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: U Shape
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' (250mm)
- No. of Frets: 21
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.675'' (42.5mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Locking
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles
- Pick-Guard: 3-Ply White Pearl
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '58 Single-Coil Tele
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '58 Single-Coil Tele
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade, Position 1 – Bridge Pickup, Position 2 - Bridge and Neck Pickups (in parallel), Position 3 – Neck Pickup, Position 4 – Neck and Bridge Pickups (in series)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Chrome (Dome Style)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome