Fender Custom Shop 1951 Nocaster, Lush Closet Classic, Faded Nocaster Blonde
An elusive legend among Fender® aficionados, the Nocaster® has an interesting history. Originally called the “Broadcaster” during its initial production run in ’50, it was renamed after a request from The Gretsch Company, which offered a drum set named “Broadkaster”. As a cost-saving measure Fender® simply cut the name off the headstock label with scissors, leaving just the famous Fender logo until late ‘51 when they received their new name, Telecaster®. The lack of model name led to these guitars being christened “Nocasters” by collectors—very few were produced and their sound and feel are legendary among players who know.
Bursting at the seams with early 50’s style and comfort, the Time Machine Nocaster wields Fender Custom Shop hand-wound “Loaded” ‘51 Nocaster neck and bridge pickups, bordered by a black phenolic pickguard. This Holy Grail of Tele® guitars also features a “10/56 V”-shaped quartersawn AA flame maple neck that’s ideal for any playing style and thumb position.
Other highlights include a 9.5”-radius fingerboard, 6105 frets, Fat ‘50s Tele wiring, 3-way switch, ’51-’54 bridge with brass saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Colour Faded Nocaster® Blonde
- Series Time Machine
- Dimensions 6x17x43 IN
- Weight 11.32 kg
- Body 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Control Knobs Knurled Dome
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Finish Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Pickguard 1-Ply Black
- Position Inlays Micarta Black
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material 1-Piece AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape 10/56 "V"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster®
- Neck Pickup Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster
- Controls Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Strings Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Hardshell
- Product Type Guitars