FOUNDATION The history of MR can only be understood as a long journey of more than one hundred years that has allowed a family to create half a million guitars. It was 1905 when Manuel Rodriguez Perez began working as a luthier.
The SECOND GENERATION The Civil War forced the family to flee Spain temporarily. However, when they returned, both the founder and his son, the young Manuel Rodriguez, continued building guitars.
ARRIVAL IN THE USA In 1959 the Rodriguez family moved to Los Angeles. It was the golden era of Hollywood and the United States was a virgin market when it came to marketing the classical guitar; from the moment he landed in California, Manuel Rodríguez did not stop taking orders.
RETURN TO SPAIN Rodriguez was always aware of the importance of keeping his products’ roots in Spain, to retain its essence. So, in 1973 the Rodriguez family returned to Spain and opened its new shop on Calle Hortaleza in Madrid.
NEW FACTORY The increase in sales to an international level gave the family sufficient courage to think about leaving the small shop in the centre of Madrid and to centralise all production to its new factory in Esquivias, Toledo.
MORE INSTRUMENTS With the new factory at full performance, the family decided to expand its range of guitars and diversify their products. With the arrival of the new century, Manuel Rodríguez began to produce flamenco cajones and ukuleles.
IMPULSE MR Guitars comes in a new era by integrating with Grupo Empresarial Sostenible in a turn that seeks to go back to the origins of the company. The factory is remodelled and the staff of luthiers is tripled to recover a manufacturing process genuinely made in Spain.
RENEWAL The momentum in the manufacturing process comes along with a change in the brand image. The logo is updated, the website is modernized and the new technologies are used to reach a more current public.
SUSTAINABILITY This new direction is evident with a change towards a production process more respectful of the environment. They present their new line Nature by MR, made without varnish for the benefit of the luthiers and the planet.