In the late ‘60s, the Fuzz Face burst on the scene, delivering the gritty tones that continue to change the world today. In a lot of ways, JHS owes a debt to these tones as they helped kick off the effect pedal revolution. The Pollinator is our tip of the hat to this Germanium fuzz circuit. In JHS Pedals fashion, we included a few major improvements while caring for the details that preserve the original’s legendary tone. If you are a fan of classic fuzz and the unique touch sensitivity, response, and tone that a true Germanium fuzz offers, the Pollinator V2 is a perfect fit.
Legendary rock ‘n’ roll tone
If you want to add the sometimes thick, sometimes spitty, always glorious sounds of 1960s fuzz to your rig, the Pollinator V2 is the pedal for you. Inspired by the tones of the legendary Fuzz Face pedals, the Pollinator utilizes perfectly hand-matched germanium AC128 transistors to recall the tones used by Jimi Hendrix, Eric Johnson, and more.
- JHS’s take on the fuzz tone that came to define the sound of 1960s rock ‘n’ roll
- Perfectly matched Germanium AC128 transistors deliver that fat and smooth sound
- Retains the ability to clean up beautifully by rolling back your guitar’s volume
Four controls with some added umph!
Once we felt we nailed the sound, we kept right on going. On top of killer-sounding fuzz, our Pollinator V2 sports a ton of headroom on the volume control. And the powerful Bias control voices the overall character of the fuzz - perfect for nailing the exact old-school buzz you’re looking for.
- Added output allows you to crank the volume control, punishing the front of your amp
- Bias control shapes the voice of the pedal’s grit
- The Fuzz control interacts with the Gain knob for a huge variety of tones
Every musician wants the nostalgia-inducing tones of vintage effects in their rig - that is, until they have to deal with the noise, hard-to-find replacement parts, or worse yet, having it stolen. So keep that precious original Fuzz Face at home and load the Pollinator V2 onto your pedalboard. Classic tone, powerful additions, and modern peace of mind all in one.
- You won’t mind stomping on this rugged pedal
- Bias control overcomes the issue of the transistors sounding different in various temperatures and environments (as all Germanium transistor-based fuzzes are subject to)
- Easily replaceable if the unthinkable happens. As a matter of fact...just buy two!
- Runs on a standard 9V power adapter