Allen & Heath ZED-10 Multipurpose USB Mixer
The ZED-10 is the smallest mixer ever from Allen & Heath but as you’d expect its big on features. Part of the USB-equipped live performance, recording and production ZED range the new additions are simple, ultra compact mixers built to a professional standard, which will suit a wide range of applications including solo artists, bands, schools, houses of worship and conference facilities.
It emulates the valve/tube input circuitry commonly found on instrument combos or amps. In addition the ZED-10 can handle up to four microphones and two stereo sources: iPod, CD player etc.
Main stereo outs are on XLR and additional outs include a separate 2-track record, comprehensive monitoring with headphones and separate monitor speaker out. The USB handles both send and return for PC or Mac recording, playback and effects.
Equipped with a 3-band swept-mid EQ on mono inputs and a 2-band EQ on the stereo channels, the ZED-10 has a wealth of professional standard features including high gain low noise pre-amps, two aux sends (one pre and one post fade) for monitors and FX, and a separately switched stereo bus, which can be routed to from any channel creating a selective recording bus, monitoring bus or stereo clean feed output.
The ZED-10FX adds a set of premium quality effects derived from Allen & Heath’s pro touring digital consoles ranging from classic reverbs and cascaded delay plus reverbs to shimmering flanger and chorus effects.
Not only are the ZED mini mixers versatile for such a small console but they also offer Allen & Heath’s top rate professional quality in both construction and sound. The vertical board construction and internal universal PSU are unique in products at this price point, putting the ZED-10’s in a truly professional class of their own,’ commented designer, Mike Griffin.
- 4 mic/line imputs, 2 with Class A FET impedance imputs
- Neutrik mic XLR
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jack
- 3 Band EQ with MusicQ auxes
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL indicator
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- Responsive 3-band, swept mid EQ with MusicQ
- 2 stereo sources with MP3 player compatibility
- Separate 2-track record outputs
- Stereo playback input for 2-track replay
- XLR main stereo outputs with inserts
- Comprehensive monitoring configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Stereo monitor outs
- 48V microphone phantom power
- DI level switching for sub mixing